Thursday, September 10, 2009

15 minute freewrites

The first time i heard "that" sound... it brought chills to my body. it just seemed as though "that' sound set my mind at ease and comfort. It was when i was in 7th grade. Thats when it all really hit me. I really wanted to learn how to make "those" sounds. I was in church and they were playing this song and out of no where i noticed the guitarist as he shredded away on his guitar during a solo. That was the sound that brought chills to my body. That was what i wanted to learn how to do. I took the plunge and and bought me a guitar, actually i didnt buy it i asked for one for christmas. they got it for me and i became obsessed. I was always thinking about it and playing my guitar. trying to figure out new songs and learn as much as i could as fast as i could. OF course i knew i wasnt going to be able to just pick up a guitar and start shredding like the guitarist from my church, i knew it was going to take hard work to even get anywhere near sounding "decent". What i didnt know was, it was going to be so painful. My fingers burned so horribly, it felt as if they had tiny cuts in them..............Music mainly the guitar just had a serious impact on me. The way he moved his hands and the way his facial expressions went with the notes he played i wanted to learn it all ... i wanted to learn how to do what he was doing. it amazed me. It wasnt only his playing that gave me chills, it seems like any song i heard that had a nice solo to it gave me the chills.... oups 15 mins up.


When i was younger I loved Disney channel. I would always say to my self "i could do that..." or "hes not that funny...". I figured I should try to become a Disney channel star. Soooo instead of doing auditions and casting calls and joining my schools seasonal plays and such i picked up a camera and started making videos and short clips of "random" things that pops up in my mind. At first i wanted to try and become a youtube celeb but now that i've tried and saw that it doesnt work how i thought it would. it seem


free writing sucks... i guess im supose to write of... wait web design graphics, all of that good stuff. IT all reminds me of my love of the guitar and such. When i see a design or a web site or some sort of graphic i just see things differently ten what other people might see. i visualize the process and steps that mightve gone into creating that design. With graphics and web design, i feel as if i could just release my creativity easier then doing this writing or some other form of "art". MY love for design and graphics started from playing video games actually, i would go on different clans online forums and sites and notice their "sigs" or graphic signatures. They all had cool images and graphics with their names and i wanted to learn how to do it too. So i asked how they did those and their reply was "photoshop". It took me a few months to figure out how i could get my own copy of "photoshop" and i didnt realize how complex this program would be. But me, i went ahead nad taught my self and bascially lived in photoshop, i learned all of the vernacular of the program... pixels, opacity, marquee, layers. I took the photoshop world into my everyday life. Instead of saying feet or inches i would say pixels.

2 comments:

  1. wow...i can totally tell that you love the guitar, thats so awesome! and i have no clue what all that stuff about pixels is but its pretty dang cool that you know all those complex things with computers :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i like all those stories but i believe the best story you have would have to be about guitars because you seem to love to play them so much and you feel strongly about them and its easy to write about something you feel strongly about

    ReplyDelete